Apprenticeships

About Aston

Apprenticeship Guide for Parents / Carers

Click here to download summary of our offer

In spring 2017 the way the government funds apprenticeships in England is changing.

Some employers will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy, and there will be changes to the funding for apprenticeship training for all employers.

The introduction of the apprenticeship levy is 6 April 2017. The levy requires all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill over £3 million each year, to invest in apprenticeships.

Employers that don’t pay the levy

If you do not pay the levy, you won’t need to use the apprenticeship service to pay for apprenticeship training and assessment until at least 2018.

When the new funding system begins in May 2017, you can choose the training you’d like your apprentices to receive

An employer contribution of 10% to the cost of this training is a requirement, and government will pay the rest (90%), up to the maximum amount of government funding available for that apprenticeship. As both you and the government make a payment, we call this ‘co-investment’.

Employers who employ Apprentices aged 16-18 (a day before thier 19th birthday) will NOT have to pay the 10% contribution.

You will have the opportunity to spread it over the lifetime of the apprenticeship and agree a payment schedule with us.

Every individual apprenticeship framework and standard is allocated to a funding band.

The upper limit of the funding band caps the maximum price that government will ‘co-invest’ towards.

Aston Apprenticeships

Apprenticeships? Recruit the best talent, First.

 

Our Apprenticeships offer covers a wide range of industries and sectors with the majority fully delivered within the workplace.

Click here for a summary of our recruitment process

Click here to download summary of our offer

Apprenticeships have 3 levels:

Intermediate  

Level 2Outcome for industry and candidate; Semi skilled status

Advanced

Level 3Outcome for industry and candidate; skilled status

Higher

Level 4/5Foundation/degree level

Here for employers guide to Higher Apprenticeships

Qualification Comparisons 2013

Please click here for comparison download or here for link to Ofqual.

Aston is an accredited centre for the following awarding bodies;

  • City & Guilds

  • Institute of Leadership & Management

  • Edexcel

  • SFEDI

  • EDI

  • AIM

  • Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH)

  • EAL

  • Institute of Sales & Marketing Management

Our apprenticeship schemes are available for the following sectors (please follow the link for further details)

Please click here to download our brochure.

Click here to download a printable version of our application form...

Studying with Aston? download guidance and apply for your NUS Card

Industry Apprentice Council

Aston Recruitment Accreditation
Web Design by 1PCS© Aston Recruitment & Training Ltd 2010